Whoa! It's been a long time since I've updated this thing.
During the Christmas holidays, I used my drop spindle to spin some Kauni pencil roving into a beautiful, slowly striping, rainbow yarn. After much deliberation, I knit all of it into one wide scarf. I couldn't stand to cut the perfect flow of colors through the spectrum. Next time I spin something with such a stunning colorway, I'll ply it for even more lovely color blends. Alas, I had to knit this one right away, so I made a scarf with single ply. I used this free pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/riverrun.
Now, as my wedding approaches quickly, I have begun working on a fast, stash-busting project for the home Robert and I will share. I want it to be fun, with the colors and widths of the stripes being randomly selected from the kaleidoscope of worsted weight acrylics in my stash. Some of the fun lies in the patchwork quilt effect of knitting from my stash. Nearly every stripe carries a memory of a baby blanket, scarf or stuffed animal from years ago. I am using the classic Feather and Fan stitch pattern based on the written pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sweet-stitchin-betties-group-feather-and-fan.
Later this month, I'm going to try something new. As a self-taught knitter, I've never attended a knitting class. That's about to change, though, because I'm enrolling in a class for a lovely finish-free shell at my local yarn store, The Hook and Needle. I'll post my progress, as well as my thoughts about knitting with a group.
No comments:
Post a Comment