Friday, March 21, 2014

A Valentine's Day Surprise

Robert and I are squirreling away every penny possible to buy a house, but we still wanted our first Valentine's Day as man and wife to be special. I chose to celebrate Robert with a semi-homemade treat: an edible bouquet!



It was easy and completely customizable. I chose some of Robert's favorite candies, including Dove dark chocolates for filling, and some beef jerky sticks.

 All I had to do was tape the candy to bamboo skewers and arrange them in the vase, which we already had. I hid the finished product until the morning of February 14th, when I left it with a romantic note on our kitchen table.

Robert definitely had a sweet surprise that morning.








That night, I had a surprise in the same vase: Robert reused the vase for a dozen red roses. So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment