Friday, March 21, 2014

The Chest of Drawers

This post is all about instant love for a garage sale chest of drawers. That love would later be my motivation to sweat for hours in the garage while I got a crash course in restoring antique furniture.
 I cannot even begin to describe the level of grime we were dealing with on this dresser. I am pretty sure this solid oak piece was abused by being used for paint storage in a garage.

I happily rescued it from such mistreatment.



 Look at that drawer. We're talking years of abuse that required three coats of Citristrip.

Citristrip is amazing stuff, by the way. It took a few layers, but the ancient finish and all the filth came off without any yucky fumes.








My supplies:


Tada!



Remember that nasty, grimy drawer? Look at it all beautiful and gleaming!


I love my chest of drawers. It was such a bargain, and it is now a priceless heirloom-quality antique that we will cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment