Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sarah's Boot Socks and an Unplanned Sweater

My family has started drawing names for Christmas, and this year I was to get a gift for Sarah. My plan was to knit some lovely boot socks for her, but I ran out of time. I decided to knit the winter socks for her birthday in April. However, I have not started the socks yet. I bought the two kinds of yarn months ago and recently decided I did not like bamboo with merino wool, so I needed to get something else to make her socks with. As a result, I had a lovely grape-colored bamboo silk blend that was no longer designated for a project.

I realized the quantity would be perfect for a short-sleeved shirt for myself, so I cast on. I am knitting Picovoli with stunningly simple results. The sweater is knitting up quickly, and the bamboo and silk should make it comfortable for all seasons.








Since I found an alternate purpose for the bamboo,  the merino needed a coordinating color for Sarah's Garden Gate socks. After much deliberation, I chose a deep red merino wool with 15% silk. The socks should be warm and lovely, and completely unneeded until Fall, which means I can be a little late with her birthday gift. That's always a relief to a knitter.

The yarn:

No comments:

Post a Comment